Good evening to you all,
I am back home. Happy to be back with my family.
On the other hand, I miss Puglia already: the evening sun peeking through the olive trees, the fresh figs, the pizzas, the good Puglian wines – I only drink on vacation 😉 – and of course the good company, a nice mixture of family and friends.
But there’s comfort. On the last day of our stay, I got up early and started cutting the cactus leaves. A very prickly business, I can tell you. I first took off the fruit – delicioso! – and then I cut the leave at the bottom. I filled two boxes, also with the leaves of the small cacti.
And now they have arrived home. So time to get them into pots. The ones I had planted last year grew well, so I put those in bigger pots now.
How do you plant a cactus? It is very simple!
- Take a flower pot.
- If you still have some fragments of terracotta, put this at the bottom.
- Start with regular soil, then fill up with special potting soil for cacti.
- Put the bottom of the leaf in the soil and push the soil around it, so it stays steady.
- Water it once till twice a week, not too much.
- The leaves will grow in spring
- Wear gloves!
Ciao, ciao, Sophia